POW/MIA 12″x 18″ Boat Flag
Dress up your boat, motorcycle, or hang this printed nylon POW/MIA flag anywhere you need a small flag to honor our military war heroes. Printed on 150 denier nylon fabric. The artwork is visible on both sides of the flag and the lettering reads correctly from one side only.
- One solid piece of printed, hemmed fabric
- Lightweight, 150 denier nylon fabric that will fly nicely in the slightest breeze.
- Rich color
- 4 rows of stitching on the fly end to prevent premature fraying
- Reinforced header with brass grommets
- Flag size: 12″x18″
The POW/MIA Flag
Designed by Newt Heisley in a collaborative effort with Annin flag makers and Mrs. Mary Hoff, wife of Navy Commander Michael G. Hoff was shot down in combat during the Vietnam War. The flag became a symbol for our military personnel who were missing in action or prisoners of war. The iconic and famous silhouette image as well as the slogan “You are not forgotten” are both a result of this popular flag design. The POW/MIA flag is the second most widely used flag in the USA, Only our beloved American flag has greater sales and production volume. The POW/MIA flag is also the only flag other than the American flag that is allowed to fly over the White House and continuously over the US Capital’s rotunda.
Occasions to fly the POW/MIA flag:
- Armed Forces Day 3rd Saturday in May
- Memorial Day Last Monday in May
- Flag Day June 14
- Independence Day July 4
- National POW/MIA Recognition Day 3rd Fri. in September
- Veterans Day November 11